This moving essay (below) describes a distraught mother, coping with her daughter’s cancer, being envied because of her weight loss. What is the message to this woman’s daughters: one who is dealing with illness and the other with illness of her beloved sister? We’re so obsessed with thinness in our culture that we value it, by any means necessary. What a travesty. As the author says, “If you want to know how someone is, look in their eyes, because their size is not where the information is.”
Home » Anxiety » How thoughtless compliments can hurt: noticing thinness when weight loss was unintentional
- No Events
- Taking a more loving stance toward our bodies
- A Powerful Example of Using Art to Heal the Blow of Cancer
- Great example of the power of art therapy for people with chronic disease
- How thoughtless compliments can hurt: noticing thinness when weight loss was unintentional
- Got stress? Start making some art!